Sunday, October 7, 2012

DIY Glitter Sneakers

Glitter is everywhere this season, I fell in love with those funky glitter sneakers I saw at the Shoe Connection the other day...


SO I have done some research on how to DIY glitter sneakers and came up with my own "designer" glitter sneakers on a budget!!! (Around $15) 




What you need:

- Plain white sneakers ( I got my pair from Warehouse for only $7.50...Whoop Whoop!!!)
- Masking tape
- A Paintbrush 
- Silver Glitter
- Mod-Podge Sealer in Gloss finish
- One small plastic plate


Step 1: 

Apply the masking tape over any parts of the shoe that you do not want to paint. Make sure to cover all of the soles.


Step 2:

Stir up the glitter/Mod-Podge mixture in the plastic plate.  You want it to have a somewhat grainy consistency.


Step 3:


Now is the FUN part... Start painting the glitter mixture on the shoe, working from the back of the shoe to the front. You may have to apply 2 or 3 layers until hardly any white space is showing on your sneakers. I applied 3 layers for mine and allow to dry for at least 15min before you add another layer of glitter. 

Step 4:

Paint a light coat of the Mod-Podge all over the glitter to create a seal.  Allow the shoes to dry overnight. 


The next day, its time to get Glitter ON!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment