Sunday, October 14, 2012

Easy DIY buntings (no sewing)



It was one of my girlfriend's hens night last weekend, of course I was on Decoration & Accessory duties. The theme was "Nautical".  I was so excited for her... and how can we start a party without cool decos? But what if you only have  2 hours to decorate a place from scratch? Here is a good idea just for you: 


What you need:


- Tissue paper ( I got mine from a shop called 2cheap for $1.50 per pack) 
- A pencil and a ruler 
- White strings ( I got mine again from 2cheap, the string is bit wide so you can easily staple the buntings onto it) 
- A pair of scissors 
- A stapler


Step 1:


Start by folding tissue paper into half once, then fold it again in thirds. Use a ruler, measure out your flags, my one is about 7" or 8″—big enough to make a statement. Use a pencil, draw out the shape of your flags. Trace and CUT. 

As I folded my tissue paper into half once, then folded it again in thirds, I got 3 double-sided flags out of every piece of tissue paper.  See how quick and easy that was? Especially when you are under bit time pressure. =D



Step 2:



Once you have them all cut out, simply staple it to the string. Once you've stapled all of them, you're ready to hang it.  All the materials only cost around $10, and it was so simple to make!  I love the mix of dark and light blue colors I was able to bring for the "Nautical" theme... 

And my girlfriend really loved it!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment